Los Angeles an epic center of social change, a place where its unique culture have challenged repressive thought and behavior. Rodney King's life captured the attention and proof of police brutality, a burden expressed by African Americans and those in urban communities, since the Watts Riots.
Though we abused our own community during the riot, a new generation of awareness was born.
- Religious leaders began interfaith dialogue, before '92 was minimum
- Los Angeles Gang Culture recently celebrated a 20 year Truce, a generation still healing
- Independence became a reality for business and social change
- Grass-root organizations began civic engagement
- Made the World see the Truth
We now return you to your regular blog-ver-sa-tion program #createavoice